Skip to main content

Moments & Memories March

I cannot believe it's taken me this long to get a post on this bad boy for March! Honestly, it's because this month has been filled with fun and excitement and too many moments of memory making!

Since my time having fun has distracted me from writing much this month, I figured what better way than to have this (last week) of this month of March be focused on memory making and moments with people you love!

I know that work and stress and life can surely get in the way of "making memories" or "finding sunshine in tiny moments" but honestly I feel like it's a necessary part of life and human happiness. I know a lot of people that are constantly stressed with work or family issues and so many times these are things out of their control. Most of the time when we're in those stressful situations, we don't realize that. It's important to accept that the only thing we have control over in our lives is ourselves and the choices we make; literally nobody and nothing else is in our control.

For a long time I tried to control every aspect of my life and realized I was missing out on so much happiness and love and fun that was right in front of my eyes, but I just wasn't making time for little moments or creating memories to capture those moments.

Over the last two months, I worked with the Habima Theatre which does productions for all special needs casts. This was something I've wanted to do for a long long time and just didn't take any initiative to make it happen. I always said "I'll do it next year." But this year I did! It truly changed me as a person and made me better because of each and everyone I encountered and found friendship with. I was able to revel in all of the tiny milestones that I saw reached within each individual cast member, whom I now call friends, and was able to find pride and joy in each "accomplishment" I felt them reach. Like Mark getting his lines right because we rehearsed them together before the show every night, or finding that quiet Thomas thought it was hilarious when we lip sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and roared with laughter every time, or when Evie who never sang backstage began coming out to sing with the background voices during the last week of shows.

These moments with people that were strangers to me last month literally made me a happier and better person. Even if they were just moments in a day, they were moments that for just that short time, we all felt something different inside than we had the rest of the day.

Society doesn't want us to feel like people used to. Society urges us to be robots in a mechanical, technology centered world where life is on screens rather than with humans standing right beside us. We must go in search of the happiness and positive feelings we want in life with the people we want to find those things with. We must first seek, and thus we will find.

Through some time of reflection of making memories and cherishing moments, I also booked a trip to Denver, Colorado to go visit my friends next month, took a leap and decided to buy my ticket to attend Bonaroo '17 this June with some amazing girlfriends, went to a concert with some amazing best friends and loved ones of mine, and prepped for a big audition I have coming up in a few days!

To find sunshiney moments and make more memories, I had to take a little less time working, and more time seeking for happiness and hope. I surely think I found an abundance of both during this month of March.

So even though there is only a week left to focus on this, find time during this week to make some unforgettable memories. Find happiness and pride in sunshiney moments like smiling at a stranger, and them smiling back, or laughing with your best friend about a silly story, or having a good productive day to yourself; whatever moments you want to find or have, go after them.

We only have one single life to live!
Live it happy.
Live it well.
Live it with more sunshine than you did yesterday.

And no matter what the world brings you, never forget to SHARE your sunshine with others. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living in the world, while trying to follow by faith in the Word. Yep: the struggle is real.

In the midst of our chaotic, busy, go-go-go mentality type world that we live in these days, I wanted to take a minute of reflection of some deep rooted pain I’ve been experiencing , and the freedom and wisdom I’ve gained from enduring it . I wanted to take a moment to write about that, and share the growth, strength,  and fruitful blessings that are available  to all of us through the power of The Cross. It’s a fight I’ve been battling through, and I pray someone else may be able to relate while reading this page, and be inspired while leaving it.   Much of my life I have practiced the habit of ignoring God’s signs,  pushes, and plans for my life; of being completely and totally self-indulgent.  I’ve chosen my ways over His time and time and time again. Not because I have any desire to disobey Him; my heart is set on quite literally the opposite. But this world that we live in doesn’t encourage us to walk by faith… to follow “Emmanuel: God with us.” The world ...

Labels.

Labels; they are everywhere. Whether it is in a store, your pantry, or your Google calendar, much of our lives involve labels. Aside from showing the brand on your soup can or notifying you of a meeting on your phone, labels seem to overcome a great part of our existence when it comes to defining ourselves as human beings. They seem to be something that affect our energies, our days, and our happiness, and often in a negative manner. Sometimes they even affect our quality of life when they touch us deep enough. Labels can be just one word: Late. Annoying. Loud. Messy. Weak. Unintelligent. Depressed. Addict. Failure. Or they can be lengthy thoughts: Not good enough. Won’t be able to accomplish that. Always trying and failing. Never going to come back from that. Negative labels are given to us all the time. Maybe you have experienced this recently and it has de-railed a goal you had. Maybe you have experienced this and it made you feel less about yourself. Maybe someone professed a l...

Make May Matter!

May is finally here. What a blessing it is that this month has come at the time in life that it has for me.  I hope and pray it's a wonderful new beginning and chapter for you in your life, wherever that may be, as well! 5 years ago, in 2013 I began a (what I like to call) mini-movement on social media called Make May Matter. The intention behind the movement was to wake every day during the month of May and intentionally seek out the good in life that made me happy; things that made my life beautiful; things that made me get out of bed and live every day. Seeking something great in each day, and posting it on facebook, Instagram, snap, twitter, or what have you, and essentially bombard social media with happy, wonderful posts about what you're living for; always with the hashtag #MakeMayMatter. And why not challenge the rest of my friends on social media to do the same with me? Thus Make May Matter was born! What would life be like if the goal of each day was to find bea...