Skip to main content

Starting a Blog.

I was inspired to start this blog due to two things. 

One: some specific life circumstances that I want to begin to express through videos, pictures, music, and words. 

And two: because of Miss Katie Ruth, that also began a blog, and made me want to express my feelings in the same way(other than Facebook) and to where my friends and family that care to know my in depth thoughts and feelings, can read them if they choose.

I created this blog on a spoof of thoughts and energy that are roaming throughout my body right now at 3:16 am :) It is entitled "If I Die Today, I Think You Should Know:" for one reason; if I were to die today, I would want these thoughts to be publicly known to my loved ones. So I am going to start posting advice I find throughout life, possibly on a daily basis as if it is an online diary, thoughts on love and the future, and sometimes just plain random things I want to get out at that specific moment in time.

 So I only want to list a few points for the day so that I don't ramble on about nothing in this first post.

There will be more coming soon once I wrap my head around how I want to go about doing this exactly. But as for now, read and accept.

1. Sledding is quite possibly the number one winter activity that allows for extreme and non-stop laughter and smiling for longer than a half hour period. First experience with this- 01/10/11.

2. If you doubt something or disagree with something, stand up for your individual thoughts and say NO. Disagree with things that you are passionate about no matter who you are speaking to; be it divorce, homosexuality, feminism, sports teams, friends, or emotional feelings. When you stand up for what you believe in or what YOU want, you will get 1000 times more respect than if you leave your view unsaid and let someone trample your opinions with theirs.

3. No matter how much you may dislike your parents sometimes, you must remember that they love you. They may disagree with you on every single thing in your life, but it's only because they want to protect you from life or their experiences with it. Though there are rocky, rocky bumps in the road of relationships with parents, I love my Mom and Dad more than anything in the world. If I could choose out of all of the parents on this planet, I wouldn't trade them in for a billon dollars. Trust in your parents and in who they are as people, and accept them for them; don't doubt their love for you, ever. 

4. Just because you think your "best friends" don't care about you, or don't put in effort to show they care, doesn't mean they don't. It could mean they are going through a difficult time in life that you may be unaware of. It could mean they were having a bad/long day/month and didn't want to speak to anyone for a while. Or it could mean that they truly do not care about you. If that is the case, don't dwell. Accept it and go fourth with your life. I say this because this has been an issue in my life recently, and I am slowly seeing and thinking 'maybe this is happening because of something I'M doing, not always them." Just food for thought.

and finally 5. I have loved a man by the name of Jay David Hart for the past 3 years(officially 3 years as of January 28th) and I always will. Life is throwing us some curve balls currently with uncertainty, doubts, forks in the road, and break ups. However, this man will always be the one person that truly taught me the meaning of unconditional love that I hope I can pass on to another someday. No matter where life takes us or who says what about who, when, and where, he will forever own a large piece of my heart that I never will, and would never want, to get back. I will forever love and care about him with every fiber of my being.

So that is that.
If I die today, I would want you to know these things.
xo, Jell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living in the world, while trying to follow by faith in the Word. Yep: the struggle is real.

In the midst of our chaotic, busy, go-go-go mentality type world that we live in these days, I wanted to take a minute of reflection of some deep rooted pain I’ve been experiencing , and the freedom and wisdom I’ve gained from enduring it . I wanted to take a moment to write about that, and share the growth, strength,  and fruitful blessings that are available  to all of us through the power of The Cross. It’s a fight I’ve been battling through, and I pray someone else may be able to relate while reading this page, and be inspired while leaving it.   Much of my life I have practiced the habit of ignoring God’s signs,  pushes, and plans for my life; of being completely and totally self-indulgent.  I’ve chosen my ways over His time and time and time again. Not because I have any desire to disobey Him; my heart is set on quite literally the opposite. But this world that we live in doesn’t encourage us to walk by faith… to follow “Emmanuel: God with us.” The world ...

Labels.

Labels; they are everywhere. Whether it is in a store, your pantry, or your Google calendar, much of our lives involve labels. Aside from showing the brand on your soup can or notifying you of a meeting on your phone, labels seem to overcome a great part of our existence when it comes to defining ourselves as human beings. They seem to be something that affect our energies, our days, and our happiness, and often in a negative manner. Sometimes they even affect our quality of life when they touch us deep enough. Labels can be just one word: Late. Annoying. Loud. Messy. Weak. Unintelligent. Depressed. Addict. Failure. Or they can be lengthy thoughts: Not good enough. Won’t be able to accomplish that. Always trying and failing. Never going to come back from that. Negative labels are given to us all the time. Maybe you have experienced this recently and it has de-railed a goal you had. Maybe you have experienced this and it made you feel less about yourself. Maybe someone professed a l...

Make May Matter!

May is finally here. What a blessing it is that this month has come at the time in life that it has for me.  I hope and pray it's a wonderful new beginning and chapter for you in your life, wherever that may be, as well! 5 years ago, in 2013 I began a (what I like to call) mini-movement on social media called Make May Matter. The intention behind the movement was to wake every day during the month of May and intentionally seek out the good in life that made me happy; things that made my life beautiful; things that made me get out of bed and live every day. Seeking something great in each day, and posting it on facebook, Instagram, snap, twitter, or what have you, and essentially bombard social media with happy, wonderful posts about what you're living for; always with the hashtag #MakeMayMatter. And why not challenge the rest of my friends on social media to do the same with me? Thus Make May Matter was born! What would life be like if the goal of each day was to find bea...