Skip to main content

Sunday Words.

It's Sunday morning and I am off to church, for the first time in over a month, with Jay Hart :)
My mom told me to say this as a little prayer a long, long time ago. On mornings when I wake up feeling wonderful, or not so wonderful, I say this, and 99 times out of 100, I feel amazingly comforted and better.

Take this and start saying it whenever you have the chance; when you first wake up, when you are enjoying a beautiful day outside in the sunshine, when you are stressed or upset, anytime. And really think about the words and their meaning when you say it. See what it does for you.


The 23rd Psalm:

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake.


Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;
Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.


Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.



So that is that.
If I die today, I would want you to know this.
xo, Jell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living in the world, while trying to follow by faith in the Word. Yep: the struggle is real.

In the midst of our chaotic, busy, go-go-go mentality type world that we live in these days, I wanted to take a minute of reflection of some deep rooted pain I’ve been experiencing , and the freedom and wisdom I’ve gained from enduring it . I wanted to take a moment to write about that, and share the growth, strength,  and fruitful blessings that are available  to all of us through the power of The Cross. It’s a fight I’ve been battling through, and I pray someone else may be able to relate while reading this page, and be inspired while leaving it.   Much of my life I have practiced the habit of ignoring God’s signs,  pushes, and plans for my life; of being completely and totally self-indulgent.  I’ve chosen my ways over His time and time and time again. Not because I have any desire to disobey Him; my heart is set on quite literally the opposite. But this world that we live in doesn’t encourage us to walk by faith… to follow “Emmanuel: God with us.” The world ...

Labels.

Labels; they are everywhere. Whether it is in a store, your pantry, or your Google calendar, much of our lives involve labels. Aside from showing the brand on your soup can or notifying you of a meeting on your phone, labels seem to overcome a great part of our existence when it comes to defining ourselves as human beings. They seem to be something that affect our energies, our days, and our happiness, and often in a negative manner. Sometimes they even affect our quality of life when they touch us deep enough. Labels can be just one word: Late. Annoying. Loud. Messy. Weak. Unintelligent. Depressed. Addict. Failure. Or they can be lengthy thoughts: Not good enough. Won’t be able to accomplish that. Always trying and failing. Never going to come back from that. Negative labels are given to us all the time. Maybe you have experienced this recently and it has de-railed a goal you had. Maybe you have experienced this and it made you feel less about yourself. Maybe someone professed a l...

Make May Matter!

May is finally here. What a blessing it is that this month has come at the time in life that it has for me.  I hope and pray it's a wonderful new beginning and chapter for you in your life, wherever that may be, as well! 5 years ago, in 2013 I began a (what I like to call) mini-movement on social media called Make May Matter. The intention behind the movement was to wake every day during the month of May and intentionally seek out the good in life that made me happy; things that made my life beautiful; things that made me get out of bed and live every day. Seeking something great in each day, and posting it on facebook, Instagram, snap, twitter, or what have you, and essentially bombard social media with happy, wonderful posts about what you're living for; always with the hashtag #MakeMayMatter. And why not challenge the rest of my friends on social media to do the same with me? Thus Make May Matter was born! What would life be like if the goal of each day was to find bea...